Monday, August 31, 2009

L'Oreal H.I.P. Duo Matte in Poppy

What a cute name! Poppy! Well, this past weekend when I was ruining my finances in ULTA, I noticed they had five of the new Matte L'Oreal H.I.P. Duo eyeshadows in stock. I LOVE matte eyeshadows. I love matte finishes, all the way around, whether on lips, eyeshadows, and the new cool matte nail trend. While the colors were not really doing it for me, and I would prefer to get these shadows on a BOGO (buy one get one) situation, I couldn't resist picking up a duo to try out: Poppy, a combo of a light orangey color and a dark brown. Love a dark matte brown! The orangey color was my choice based on the idea of the complementary colors...orange making blue eyes pop, kind of like how Clinton (of Stacey and Clinton WNTW fame) advises blue-eyed people to wear orange.

At any rate, we'll have to see about that. At home, the orangey-ness is not quite as strong. I swatched then with my fingertips, and the feel was super smooth! And, this duo packs a lot of pigment.

Here are some swatches of Poppy:


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails