Friday, December 4, 2009

Finally Got My OCC Lip Tars!!


I discovered Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars back in August when I was watching a lot of YouTube beauty tutorials, and I've been hoping to get some ever since. Sold in small, clear tubes, lip tars are highly pigmented lip colors designed to be mixed into custom colors. A tiny amount of the product goes on the lips with amazing coverage, so a tube will last a long, long time.

I got the red, blue, green, clear, white, black, plum, and deep burgundy. I'll post more about these later, but here are swatches on my hand (took quite a lot of effort to get all that color off my hand, lol!)


Below are swatches I did as I went along mixing my color combinations trying to get some decent lip colors. The challenge is going to be getting light enough colors. I might have to order a couple more tubes of the white!

I ordered my Lip Tars directly from OCC's website for $12 apiece. I took advantage of a 10% off Black Friday special that was tweeted by www.twitter.com/occmakeup; follow them for more information about the company and other cool specials! OCC is known especially for being not just cruelty-free but also vegan. More on these amazing products and my experiments to come!

Please note: it's obvious from the text of this post that I purchased these items myself, for my own use, and what I'm sharing here is totally my own experience and opinions. But I am stating that anyway in the spirit of the new regulations applying to bloggers who endorse or review commercial products.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails