Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Essie Spring 2010: Van d'Go


I love color. I love pretty much every color. Most of all, I love combinations of colors, which is why I have never had a favorite color. (If I had to choose, I would go with purple, but that's another story for another day).

One color I really don't like? Peach!

Gasp! I know, it's the color for spring, or at least one of them. I did manage to embrace coral last spring and summer, though, so I think I can make it through the peach trend. I do think that "Van d'Go" from Essie Spring 2010 is a pretty pale peach. It's kind of a salmon-y color; put a few drops of "Tart Deco" (also from this collection) in Van d'Go, and you might have an actual salmon color.

So, I gave it a go. Like Neo Whimsical, Van d'Go is milky pale, and I also had, as with Neo Whimsical, some issues with application. It was streaky and gloppy, and on my index finger it really ran all over the place.

Here is an indoor shot, like at the beginning of this post:


Again, in the direct sunlight, I felt the color was washed out some.

I don't know about these super pale colors. Neo Whimsical, with its pinky lavender-y tones, seems a better bet for me. I'll give it another try, though.

2 comments:

Paige said...

That color is beautiful on you!

Euridice said...

Well, thank you! That's sweet. I wasn't so sure about it...

Related Posts with Thumbnails