Thursday, February 4, 2010

Comparison of BB Couture Cap-Haïtien and OPI Do You Lilac It?


I am enchanted with my new purple beauty from BB Couture, Cap Haïtien. I naturally have to wonder if it duplicates anything in my fledgling collection. Last summer I wore Essie St. Lucia Lilac for a super pale lavender and OPI Do You Lilac It? for a brighter lilac.

Did I inadvertently duplicate Do You Lilac It? I pulled my bottle and went to work!

First, the bottle comparo. They are kind of close but do not really match. The Cap Haïtien has a pinker, mauvier tone to it, while the Do You Lilac It? reads more blue.


Here's a peak of the plates on my wall, if a little blurry, from the background of the last pic. I got them in Prague; they are from Moravia and done in the Haban style. Uh, but I digress.

Okay, that's fine but you noticed in my last post that the BB Couture was only on my ring and pinky fingernails. Well, all the better to do a comparison!


OPI Do You Lilac It? is pictured here on the index and middle fingernails.

So, outdoor pictures with late afternoon sun show that the two polishes are quite similar and in the same general ballpark, with the same difference that were showing in the bottle love pics. The OPI is definitely coming across a bit more blue.


If you are in the market for a pretty light to medium purple, either BB Couture Cap Haïtien and OPI Do You Lilac It? would fit the bill nicely, or you could choose based on the difference in tone shown here. If you are a true purple freak, you might like to have both! I would be part of that latter group.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I like the OPI color better, but they are both really pretty!

rijaH said...

Okay I cant see any difference :o

Related Posts with Thumbnails