Monday, March 1, 2010

Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau

 

"Take Me To Your Chateau" is a lovely pale blue, perfect this for spring's palettes. The packaging on the Color Club Pardon My French collection set proclaimed that these colors were "sheerly chic," but I reached for this pale blue first, and it has to be one of the most opaque polishes I've ever seen! 

  

The formula is good, but I had just been messing around with some polishes that have a thinner, runnier formula, so I need to use Take Me To Your Chateau with a lighter hand. I will make sure to adjust my application so I go thinner, especially since I did two coats of it.

It's really pretty indoors:

  

Here's how it stands up to direct sunlight:

  

  

 

I like this color a lot. I will interject, though, that I am discovering that my approach to nail color might be similar to my approach to lip color. I can't stand nude lips or pale pink lips---so fake and not at all natural. I tend to stick to shades close to my natural lip tone or deeper and darker. I think I am not too thrilled by super pale shades on my nails. It seems they show all the flaws in my application and just don't look right to me. That said, I am not 100% comfortable with Take Me To Your Chateau but will definitely work on a light touch since this formula is thicker than some brands and hopefully will enjoy wearing it this spring.

Now let's layer it up with its buddy in the collection, "Si Vous Please!" Look at that icy white glitter. You can see some purple glitter in there, but see how the light blue is flashing like crazy in the light??

 

I mean! Look at this glitter! So cool and proud and reserved, yet bringing its own special bling.

 

  

Above, looks like a match made in heaven!! And below, that theory was born out when I put it on the nails!!

 

 

I think the layering with the glitter is fabulous! Imagine how much nicer it will look, also, with a less gloppy looking application of the Chateau blue. The effect is really ethereal and icy, like a winter effect. Nice to wear in February and cooling and refreshing to wear in July!

Here are a couple of shots which show the glitter pieces.


 

Like pale blue opals!! I am realizing that I didn't take any shots that show the glitter on my nail on its own, and I'll have to remedy that. One can expect it to be pretty sheer, though. 

So, is everyone wearing a cool pale blue on the nails this spring? As a change of pace to all the gorgeous turquoise colors??

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I think this may be one of the only pastel blues I have in my collection, so I love it. It is definitely thicker than I was expecting though! I have to be cautious when using it now because of that. It looks amazing with the glitter!

Paige said...

Great combination!

Euridice said...

Thanks, gildedangel, and Nicole, I'm glad you say you found it thicker than you expected so it's not just me. I don't think I have anything else like this either, so I gotta get the hang of putting it on thinner!! :-)

Lisa Kate said...

I totally need this! I've been waffling on whether or not I want this collection, but I love pastels. I think its because of how pale I am, they don't look "stark" on me like they can on darker skin tones.

And that glitter? F'ing gorgeous!!

Euridice said...

Well, I am pale, and I think maybe you're right, the pale colors might look more striking against darker skin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails